On a brighter note, I derived some sick sadistic pleasure at seeing the dance unit start in P.E. today. It's so nice to see middle schoolers doing the box waltz. Indeed, this is a "life skill" that I wish I had the chance to master at such a young age. Nothing has changed. You could hear the same complaints about the boys being too short and smelly, and the girls being too tall and stuck up. *SIGH* I'm glad those days are behind me.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
What is Super Tuesday?
That was the question posed to me by one of my students today. I really didn't know how to answer that other than tell her that I am hoping it's the day when the REAL presidential election occurs. Of course, this led to the question of whether or not I am voting. I had to explain the caucus system and how it works, together with the fact that Idaho, as small as it is, has little effect on the outcome of the Democratic nomination. You ever have one of those teachers that you knew would get off track if you just asked the right questions? I'm afraid I have become that teacher. Usually these questions involve explaining popular American culture or why adults do certain things . . . most of these questions have no easy answers.
On a brighter note, I derived some sick sadistic pleasure at seeing the dance unit start in P.E. today. It's so nice to see middle schoolers doing the box waltz. Indeed, this is a "life skill" that I wish I had the chance to master at such a young age. Nothing has changed. You could hear the same complaints about the boys being too short and smelly, and the girls being too tall and stuck up. *SIGH* I'm glad those days are behind me.
On a brighter note, I derived some sick sadistic pleasure at seeing the dance unit start in P.E. today. It's so nice to see middle schoolers doing the box waltz. Indeed, this is a "life skill" that I wish I had the chance to master at such a young age. Nothing has changed. You could hear the same complaints about the boys being too short and smelly, and the girls being too tall and stuck up. *SIGH* I'm glad those days are behind me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment