Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Kielbasa goes on "holiday"


Well dear readers, I know that it seems like I was just on a lengthy vacation for Christmas break, but the calendar gods have once again bestowed a week off on the Chronicle staffers. So, I have no choice than to leave beautiful Warszawa blanketed with snow and head to Greece, home of the Olympics, ouzo, tavernas, and fragrant cheese. I am hoping that when our hiatus is ended, you will be regaled with tales of sunnier weather and stronger coffee. Luckily for you, the forecast calls for it to be a bit chilly so you will not be subjected to pics of me prancing around a black-sand beach in a Speedo.

As a bonus for taking the time to visit the Chronicle website today, I present to you the latest viral YouTube video that has spread like wildfire across this great nation. It has not quite reached cult status back in the states so I'm hoping that you will take the time to forward it to your friends and I will have played a small part in the advancement of 70's Czech kitsch. The version without English subtitles has received over 600,000 hits. I dare you to suppress a smile while watching "Jozem from the Bog".
SEE YOU NEXT WEEKEND! OPA!

No comments: