Monday, January 7, 2008

Szczesliwego Nowego Roku! (Happy New Year!)




jet lag (jět'lāg')
n. A temporary disruption of bodily rhythms caused by high-speed travel across several time zones typically in a jet aircraft.


Happy New Year from back in Warsaw. Suffering the effects of jet lag right now certainly makes for a lack of literary ambition, so I will make this entry into the Chronicle a short one. The trans-Atlantic flight was quite pleasant this time. I sat next to a lovely Polish woman who looked to be about 90 years old. I tried a bit of my rudimentary Polish and this resulted in her sharing her food with me. She must have been quite amused. Little old ladies aren't particularly fond of Kit Kats so I totally scored her dessert. It's the little things in life . . .

Well, I must finish off the day. I only teach two classes but this has been one of the longest days. The combination of travel fatigue and lack of motivation on the kids part certainly has been tough.

No comments: