Monday, January 28, 2008

Better late than never . . .

The month of January is not over yet. Today is only the 28th. But it is a special day since it's my mom's birthday. This afternoon, I called her up during my last class of the day. It was around 7:30 AM back in Minnesota and even though she is now retired, she was up and out of bed ready to face the day. So, my class and I serenaded her with the traditional English language version of Happy Birthday, and then went right into a rousing rendition of the Polish version, "Sto Lat". I think it made her day. It definitely made the day of a lot of 6th graders to hear my mom on the phone. Could it be hard for them to believe that I actually have a family back in the U.S.? Well, just in time, before it becomes a bit dated, I give you my Christmas holiday highlights video:

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I wish we could have matched up to swap stories, but Dave and I weren't in Boise at the same time as you. We missed you by two weeks. Hope Poland is treating you well!