
I do not follow college basketball yet for some reason I have taken it upon myself to run the NCAA tournament "office pool" at my respective school for the last 5 years or so. This involves a fair amount of labor, hunting down people for their entries, and then hunting them down when they forget to predict the final score and / or don't put their name on their paper, much like my 6th graders.
When the dust settles in a couple weeks, and a champion is crowned, I am sure that I will have flushed another few dollars, or in this case, zloty, down the crapper. I just hope that the lucky winner of the pool is gracious enough to buy the tourney administrator a few piwos. The weak dollar is killing me over here, but I will save my analysis of world economies for another day.
Right now, I am looking for anything to pass the days until spring "officially" arrives. The calendar says that today is supposed to hold that title. But looking out my window, it is apparent that we in Polska are still caught in the icy death grip of winter. I think Warsaw has accumulated more snow in the last 3 days than all of February. It's left me in a bit of a funk and one way to shake off the blues is to take a trip.
So I will be shedding a few pounds this weekend, so to speak, in London. Hip, hip, cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment