This set up an interesting atmosphere since the job fair season is not for another couple months. Some who've been in this game for awhile are above going to job fairs anymore and can use their connections abroad to find new employment elsewhere. One of the teachers on my team found himself, and his wife, jobs in Lima, Peru after being here for a lengthy period. Another teammate is actively pursuing a couple leads for he and his wife in Shanghai. I hope it wasn't something I did that is driving them away!
I don't know if I'd be a big fan of living in the southern hemisphere and having my summer vacation be in December and January. Summer in Rio anyone? I'd much rather hang out in Minnesota during a true summer like I've always known. Maybe someday, I'll be a ski bum if working in the southern hemisphere. But this Rio thing could be quite tempting . . .
I about fell out of my chair this morning upon opening my e-mail. A friend of mine from my old school in Middleton, ID has decided to pursue a job overseas for next year. She's making the same crazy trip to Iowa that I made last year! It's beautiful in February . . .

One of the great things about technology is how there is no excuse anymore for losing touch with old friends. Well, maybe that isn't such a great thing if there are actually people you wanted to lose touch with. I only bring this up because the other night I called a friend on his cell from my computer. He was sitting on a ski lift in Park City, Utah (I'm so jealous).
It's amazing how this call was only costing me a couple cents per minute and the connection was quite clear. Hoping he'll join me to go snowboarding here in February. Anybody else have time off from Feb. 17 - 25?Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing. This is much easier than the myspace blog. I appreciate those who've added comments already. Keep 'em clean! The family back in Minnesota is watching. Oops, I probably shouldn't have written that. To some, that is an invitation to spew forth . . . And I guess I can get a bit descriptive in some of my postings so reader beware! Just kidding Mom!

Look forward to coming back home in only three weeks from tomorrow. And mom, if you really want me to dress up in the Santa suit again this year, could you please go out and buy a better quality outfit? The kids know that Santa would never wear a Wal-mart special. You can get some pretty sweet St. Nick duds for only a few more zlotys, er, I mean, dollars. Better start practicing my Ho ho hos!

Hope everybody has had a good week! The staff Christmas party is next weekend. There should be come interesting stories to come out of that one. A friend has set me up on a blind date. Okay, to be fair, I must say I told him to just grab one of his friends and tell her to come along since I was aloud to bring a guest. It would be a shame not to bring somebody when there is open bar and great food. Damn, that subject comes up a lot with me! Have I mentioned the wedding I'm attending back in Minnesota? Much to the chagrine of my parents, I'm still 32 and a swingin' single! That's not such a bad thing is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment