As I sit here enjoying the end of my third year in Poland, and marveling at just how fast the time has gone, the country is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first free elections in the former Communist Bloc. I never thought it possible to be working and living in Warsaw back when I was watching scenes like this on CNN during my freshman year in high school. It certainly is a stunning collection of footage from those days, set to "New Year's Day" by U2, a song inspired by the reform movement in Eastern Europe. It was produced by the European Union, who even have their own channel on Youtube, called EUtube. Clever.
Only three more day until I'm back in the U.S. for a couple weeks. Most of my time will be spent up on Da Range, so drop me a line if you want to get together. I'm looking forward to seeing the family, doing some fishing with my Dad, and eating some beer-battered walleye before going back to Madrid on July 3rd for the completion of my studies. Hope everybody is having a great summer so far with weather better than we have here in Warsaw. Na razie . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment