Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to work . . .


I just flew in to Warsaw yesterday and boy are my arms tired. All schlocky humor aside, it's my whole body that's tired. When you add that third flight to get back, I think it has a compounding effect on your level of jet lag. Usually it's a long flight into Chicago and then a short hop over to Minneapolis. Because of the time spent in Spain this summer, I needed to go from Madrid to London to Chicago to Minneapolis, and Minneapolis to Chicago to Frankfurt to Warsaw on the way back. Global aviation is the epitome of efficiency. My head is about to hit the keyboard right now but I look forward to the relief I will receive in a half hour.

The TBL (Teacher Basketball League) kicks off its season today. Every Tuesday, the manly men of AS-dub get together to recapture their youth by laying more bricks than Malbork Castle. They huff and puff their way up and down the court for an hour or so before convening at a local establishment for a few earned pints. I just hope none of the new guys on staff are expecting a recreation of White Men Can't Jump. If the TBL was a movie, it would be called Old Guys Can't Breathe. But at least we don't have problems with the IRS like Wesley Snipes.

2 comments:

THE MURFNICKELS said...

Mark it is time to turn game into the smooth and fluid game it can be. I see in your future less fouls and less hurt players this year. I think Lance may argue about the IRS statement. You should ask him.

Zach said...

Not only do none of you have Snipes-esque issues with the IRS (BTW Does the IRS have jurisdiction in Warsaw?), but, in no way, shape, or form, do any of you have a Woody Harrelson-esque love of herbal substances (wink wink nudge nudge).