
I like to receive my Polish news alerts every day so I'm not completely out of the loop on current events here. Never in a million years did I expect to prepare for a hurricane in Poland. Winds up to 180 kph are expected throughout the country this evening. That, my American friends, is over 110 mph! Maybe they can call this one Hurricane Kassia (that's Katrina in po polsku). It caused the cancellation of happy hour at a fellow teacher's place because her electricity is out. Oh the humanity!
In sporting news, the 3rd place team in the UNBA (the Ursynów Natolin Basketball Association www.unba.prv.pl) is none other than Starzy (old men in po polsku).

Not bad considering their are 16 teams in the league. Last week, we got a big win over our rivals, Hoops (who are, oddly enough, sponsored by Contex, a condom manufacturer). If you visit the website, the answer to the question "Why is it all in Polish?" , as asked by one of my Bolivian students, is because we live in Poland. Sixth graders can be quite amusing.
I also started playing rugby again, after an eight year retirement. Should be fun, especially in a social context, check out http://www.frogsco.pl/ the official website of the Warsaw Frogs.

Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment